Ashadeep is a centre of education and rehabilitation for the differently abled children. It is a registered society. It was founded by Rt. Rev. Dr. Gratian Mundadan CMI, Bishop of the Diocese of Bijnor, on October 13, 2004, in a remote village, Dodrajpur in Bijnor district of U.P. in North West India. The natural greenery and peaceful atmosphere of the place is very conducive for the growth of all inmates. It is a unique centre for differently abled children, caters to the needs of the Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired, Physically Challenged and Mentally Challenged. The centre aims to bring all the children to the main stream of the society. The Centre provides all kinds of possible facilities and using techniques to bring up the children.
Ashadeep provides integrated education for the differently abled children with normal children in St. Joseph’s Integrated School. It is affiliated to U.P Board of School Education Allahabad. Qualified teachers and school employees together with specially trained instructors are engaged in bringing out time bound, realistic and measurable result working with differently abled children. Co-curricular activities are regularly organised in the school to develop students’ innate talents.
- To help the differently abled children to realize their potentials and to develop them.
- To provide shelter and support to all those in grave need.
- To ensure that differently abled children are equally talented and productive
- To enhance self-sufficiency through training and skill development programs.
- To create better society with the values of equality and inclusiveness.
To create a society with integration and equality
Reaching out to the people the loving care of God in action through therapeutic treatment, integrated education, rehabilitation and thereby mainstreaming the Differently Abled children in the society.
- Co- curricular activities are regularly organized in the school to develop students innate talents. The activities include Music, Dance, Drama, Art, Craft, Sports, Games, Yoga etc.
- Regular visit to the 24 villages
- Focused group discussion with the parents of differently abled children
- Formation for the 15 women SHG’s
- Monthly medical check-up for senior citizens
- Orientation programme twice in a year
- Awareness building
- Parent guidance and counselling
- Separate hostel facilities for each category
- Medical check-up and meditation
- Distribution of disability certificates
- Mobility aids are provided
- Arrangements for corrective surgery